Keep your dream home — and the reality of making it happen — in balance and on track
You have a dream home in mind. Even better, you have the perfect land for it. Now you face a major decision: hire a general contractor to build your home and manage all the specialized contractors, manage your project and multiple specialized contractors or do it all yourself (DIY).
If you’re thinking about going the DIY route, you need to think about the ramifications before you put a shovel into the ground, like getting a homeowner construction license to do the job — if your municipality requires it.
Even if you plan do it all yourself, you’ll likely need the help of certain experts for the steps of your project you cannot do on your own, even before you break ground. This includes…
- The municipal requirements for obtaining a building permit (and actually getting the permit)
- An architectural plan prepared by a technologist or architect (depending on the size of your project), requiring a number of meetings before you get to the final version.
- Soil analysis by a concrete contractor to help you choose the right foundation.
- Interior construction advice from an interior designer to establish a tight, yet realistic timetable
- Meticulous coordination of interior and exterior tradespeople (from plumbers, painters, electricians, flooring installers, cabinetmakers to structural, siding and roofing experts) to avoid costly on-site delays during the construction phase.
As a DIY builder, you will have to keep your dream home — and real side of making it happen — on track simultaneously. To help you every step of the way is Reno-Assistance…your source of the best renovation and construction professional in your neighborhood.
Expect the unexpected with a little help from your friends at Reno-Assistance
Despite everything you do perfectly — from your construction forecasts to your on-site coordination — be prepared to deal with the unexpected. Here are some of the occupational hazards you might face:
- Bad weather
- Work accidents
- Worker absenteeism
- Oversights (by you or one of your specialized contractors)
Need the right contractors? Let our Renovation Advisors do it for you...for FREE
Reno-Assistance has an extensive network of professional contractors who have our 360° Verified Contractor stamp of approval, so you know that they are the best for your job — and they have the satisfied clients to prove it.
Our contractor network has specialized experts from every trade: electrical contractors, plumbing contractors, roofing contractors, carpentry contractorsand all these tradespeople have gone through our 360° Verification process, so you can build and renovate with confidence. We can also help you find the best architects, designers or engineer.
Working with our Expert Renovation Advisors, who have consulted on thousands of jobs, you’ll get up to three of every type of specialized contractor you need to quote on your construction project. Your advisor will evaluate their quotes with you, providing you with information you need to choose the right specialized contractors for you...all for free.
Get up to three quotes today and get your dream home off the ground
Just fill out the form to the right and start your construction project today. There’s no obligation to work with the professionals we refer to you, so you have nothing to lose and your beautiful dream home to gain. Get started with Reno-Assistance today.