Masonry for your commercial building
If the exterior of your commercial property is made of brick, stone or concrete blocks, you will, during its lifetime, need the services of a top-notch commercial masonry contractor. No structure is built to last for an eternity. Buildings will eventually show signs of wear and tear or damage, particularly commercial masonry.
Masonry has a limited lifespan. Whether you own office buildings, warehouses or shopping malls, you should not wait until they deteriorate to the point of no return before you do any masonry work. At which point you will be forced to incur unexpected reconstruction costs. You should always proactively opt for the preventive maintenance and repairs of a qualified stone mason or bricklayer.
Tell us all about your commercial masonry project! We will refer you the best masonry contractors to provide you with up to three free competitive quotes for the job!
Restoring your masonry enhances the appearance and value of your building
Keeping your commercial property in the best condition to retain or increase its value over time may require these commercial masonry services:
- Parging - When concrete needs to be resurfaced due to deterioration or flaking, parging can seal the surface to prevent further damage or improve the finish (and, in turn, the look of your building).
- Flatwork - If you have a stone-covered lateral surface that's stained, cracked, chipped or flaking due to impact or erosion, flatwork is what you’ll need to repair, restore or return it to its original splendour.
- Chimney restoration - If you have an old or poorly designed chimney, you may need to go the brick restoration route. This will ensure years of problem-free service. It'll prevent accidents caused by loose, falling bricks, ensuring proper ventilation to keep the air inside your commercial building safe. It will also improve the appearance of your property's exterior.
- Repointing - If your retaining wall's mortar joints (the space between masonry) are deteriorating and falling apart due to water infiltration, repointing brick, stone or concrete blocks removes and replaces the existing mortar, resulting in a solid, water-resistant wall.
- Glass blocking - Glass blocks, an alternative to windows, can be used to provide more natural light with the strength of a solid brick wall, helping you save on lighting costs. Damaged glass blocks can also be replaced, restoring the original look of any glass block area.
- Stonewall construction - Stone walls and other stone works can provide years of maintenance-free use. This is due to their durability and extreme weather resilience. Choosing only the best stone masonry contractors to replace a brick or block wall with stone masonry or stone panels is an attractive, cost-effective alternative for commercial buildings.
- Brick tinting - When you have to replace parts of your commercial building's brickwork, the tinting services of the top local masonry companies can provide new and old brickwork with a consistent look.
- Brick & block replacement - When bricks or concrete blocks are damaged by impacts, water infiltration or age, selecting a block or brick masonry team to remove and replace them will protect your building and maintain its integrity.
- The Brick facade replacement - Whether it's for aesthetic or practical purposes, changing a building facade or building facade design is major work. Removing the existing exterior brick facade and installing a new brick and backing system is a large-scale project. It requires specialized contractors who can take on jobs from new building construction to brick facade restoration!
- Tuckpointing - This is when the mortar in brick walls and chimneys has deteriorated and fallen out. Tuckpointing — which involves cleaning out and repointing the joints — is the best solution in order to avoid structural or water damage.
What types of masonry work is common for any commercial and residential buildings?
Several jobs can and should be done to keep your bricks in good condition. Thus, it'll retain the value of your building over time. Here is a list of recurring problems that can occur in apartments, condos/condominiums constructed from bricks:
Correcting swelling of the bricks from moisture
Over time, bricks can gather a lot of moisture and begin to expand, causing rows of bricks to push outwards along with the mortar. This is a problem that is not uncommon to see. However, it needs to be taken seriously and corrected before it gets worse. A mason will solidify your structure by removing the affected brick and restructuring the row or rows affected by the swelling. They will also be able to check behind the brick for any anomaly that could have created the problem at the base (e.g. if there has been infiltration of water or excessive moisture). If necessary they will install a weep hole at the bottom of the rows of bricks to facilitate the circulation of moisture and prevent future swelling so the problem doesn't reoccur.
Brick Repointing - Mortar Repair
It's also very common to see the brick joints wear out over time. They need to be redone to ensure that the bricks block water and moisture tightly. If it is not done, water can infiltrate between your bricks and go into your house. It'll create an array of problems that could go as far as forcing you to redo your entire facade. It is therefore very important to prevent that from occurring in this case. It's advisable to visually check your brick pointing at least once a season.
It should be noted that if some sections are worn and due for a repointing, it's likely that the rest of the wall will follow in-suit in the months or years to follow. It's therefore recommended to repoint the entire section to ensure the longevity of your condo building, your apartment or your condominium.
Replacement of bricks
Are some of your bricks damaged, partially crumpled or just broken? Don't wait for the water to seep behind them, act now to protect your building and maintain its integrity. It is possible for masonry contractors to replace certain bricks of your building without having to redo the entire facade. This will save you from the heavy workload and costlier project.
Replacement of brick facade
Whether for aesthetic purposes or for the purpose of preserving your building, it's necessary to obtain quotes from experts. This is a large-scale project that needs to be done correctly. We have the specialized contractors who can take on this type of work, from new construction to brick facade restoration!
Changing Lights and Lintels
For your concrete supports under or above your windows (lintels), you will need an expert mason. They'll be able to repair or replace this either for aesthetic purposes or for structural purposes if the material is broken or damaged. These are important elements that support the brick.
Stop banging your head against a brick wall and let us refer you the best masonry contractors
Do you need to improve or preserve the appearance of your commercial buildings? Are you trying to maintain their value and charm? Contact us for quotes from only the best architects and/or masonry contractors. This is the first critical step in ensuring your project is a success. We have specialized architects and masonry contractors who can take on this job.
You may require an architect to plan your project. Or possibly a certified masonry contractor who specializes in the repair and restoration of brick, stone or concrete exteriors. You can be certain that the mason you choose from our network of 360° Verified Contractors will have the expertise to identify any damage — due to age, weather or moisture — and restore your brick or stone exterior quickly and effectively, whatever the season.
Why you should choose Reno-Assistance for your masonry project
With Reno-Assistance, you have direct access to a Renovation Advisor for masonry projects. They'll guide you every step of the way. Your advisor will find you up to three highly-skilled architects and brick, block or stone masonry contractors. So, you will have multiple competitive quotes to choose from. Your advisor will even help you evaluate and compare them. The best news? Our service is free of charge, with no strings attached!