Rooftop Deck - Green Roof
Create the perfect outdoor room with a view...
Before you do anything, you should determine how you want to use your rooftop deck:
- Want to have intimate dinners with friends and family there?
- Want to relax, sunbathe or read a good book on your deck?
- Want to add a hot tub to your plans?
- Want some privacy without compromising your view?
- Want some shade?
- Want plants?
Next, you need to determine the size of your deck — most importantly, in proportion to your house and land, incorporating a simple shape to include a kitchen, dining and lounging area, even a water garden.
If all this prep sounds daunting, maybe you should consult a rooftop expert. That's where Reno-Assistance can help you. We can find you the right professional for your job.
Take your private rooftop oasis to new heights with Reno-Assistance...for FREE
At this point, you may be asking yourself: So how much does a rooftop deck cost? Here's what you can expect:
- Most rooftop decks go for between $25 and $50 per square foot.
- You should allow 5% to 15% of the total project cost for design, specifications and professional fees (including a structural engineer to assess your roof's structural integrity).
- Building a rooftop deck requires a permit from your municipality, so you need to add the permit fee to your budget (typically up to $800)
- You should add up to 2% in annual maintenance costs.
- If you're considering a green roof, you will need to increase your budget, since it's more expensive than other types of roofing, but it will last twice as long and cut your energy bills by about 20%.
To pay the right price for this project, consulting a rooftop deck expert is a good idea. Reno-Assistance can find you the very best from our network of pre-approved professionals — from contractors to structural engineers — who have our 360° Verified Contractor stamp of approval, so you know that they are the best for your job.
Get up to three quotes and get up on the roof
Just fill out the form to get started on the rooftop deck of your dreams. When you contact us, one of our experienced renovation advisors, who has worked on thousands of projects, will review your rooftop deck project to determine your specific needs, send you up to three 360° Verified Contractors to quote on your job and review their quotes with you, helping you select the right one for your project and budget.
Would you like to know the cost of a roofing project?
Want to see more roofing options?
Compare this option to other roofing solutions installed by roofers recommended by Reno-Assistance:
Tar & Gravel
Obtain up to 3 free quotes on your project
Just fill out the form to start the roof terrace of your dreams. When you contact us, one of our experienced renovation advisors, who has worked on thousands of projects, will review your project to determine your specific needs. He will send you up to three Contractors Verified at 360° to bid on your project and he will study with you their quotes to help you choose the right professional for your project and your budget.
Go forward! It's free - and without any obligation. So you have nothing to lose and just a dream roof terrace to win.
Let me help you with your rooftop deck project