Win $10,000 Toward Your Renovations
Official Contest Rules
“Win $10,000 toward your renovations’’ Entry period: June 1st, 2019 to November 8th, 2019 with the exception of the retroactive entries (see below). Draw on November 15th, 2019.
How to Enter
No purchase necessary.
There are 3 possible ways to enter the contest.
Basic entries :
- Submit a project to Reno-Assistance by filling out a form on the website or calling, OR
- Register online at www.renoassistance.ca/win-10000-on-your-reno, OR
- Submit a form on Reno-Assistance or Reno-Assistance GTA Facebook pages
Entries must be submitted between 12:00 am (EST) on June 1st and Friday November 8th at 11:59 pm (EST).
Bonus Entries :
Referring 3 friends
5 Entries per valid email address
Suscribe to our Youtube channel
Follow our linkedIn profil
Liking our FB page
Signing a contract with a 360° Verified Contractor between June 1st and November 8th, 2019
Submitting invoices from a past renovations with a 360° Verified Contractor
All clients having submitted a project to Reno-Assistance on and after January 1st, 2019 are automatically entered in the draw (1 entry).
Who Can Enter
- The contest is open to legal residents of Ontario and Quebec who have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside on the date of the contest draw.
- The Contest is not open to employees of Reno-Assistance and its affiliated companies, namely its 360° Verified Contractors, its directors, advertising and promotion agencies, or family members of any of the foregoing.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded consisting of $10,000 CAD of renovations (bathroom, kitchen, basement, home addition, masonry, roofing) with a 360° Verified Contractors. The renovations must to be done before December 31st 2020, subject to the contractor’s availability. If the renovations have already been completed by a 360° Verified Contractor before the draw, the participant may choose to get a cheque for their renovation, up to $10 000, or apply the prize to a new project. If the project has not yet been completed, payment will be made directly to the 360° Verified Contractor working on the renovation as final payment when the project it completed. Government taxes are excluded. The winner assumes responsibility and costs for plans, permits/duties and other costs related to the project. The prize must be accepted as-is and is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
To qualify for the grand prize draw, the entry must be filled out in its entirety, including full name, email address, phone number and postal code. It is mandatory to register a valid email address. There is a limit of 1 entry per Entrant during the Contest Period with the exceptions of those satisfying the conditions for Additional Entries.
Invalid email addresses for referrals will cancel the bonus entries. Fraudulent entries are not tolerated and will be declared invalid. All entries which are incomplete, submitted through illicit means, or do not comply with the contest rules will be void.
Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of the Entrant’s Entries into the Contest and the Entrant will be disqualified. Disposable email addresses cannot be used for Contest Registration. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entry into this Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest Rules.
The contest winner will be drawn from eligible entries in a draw to be held at 3:00 pm (EST) on Friday, November 15 th, 2019 at Reno-Assistance’s Head Office.
The contest winner will be contacted at the email address or telephone number provided in their entry form.
In order to be declared the winner, the selected entrant must:
- Respond to the prize notification email or telephone call within 5 days (120 hours) of being notified;
- Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- Sign a declaration stating that he/she:
- has read, understands and complies with the contest rules;
- releases and discharges Reno-Assistance, the contest organizers and their family members; and
- consents to the announcement of the winner's name and the use by Reno-Assistance of the winner's name, photograph, voice or statements for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements set out in the Official Contest Rules, the prize will be automatically forfeited.
- The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
General Conditions and Exclusions
If for any reason whatsoever, the winner does not claim their prize, by November 20th, 2019 at 23:59 (Eastern Time), the prize will be automatically forfeited.
The winner must have a renovation project completed or to complete within:
- A 45km radius from Toronto (reference point: Reno-Assistance Office - 251 Consumers Road, Toronto, M2J 1E3).
- A 30km radius from Montreal (reference point: Mount-Royal), or
- A 13.5km radius from Quebec City (reference point: intersection of hwy 440 and hwy 73)
The total value of the prize is $10,000 CAD maximum. Reno-Assistance reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal value in the event that it is not possible for them to offer the prize as presented in the promotional literature. Reno-Assistance reserves the right to edit these rules to comply with legal authorities at any time during the Contest Period.
If the winner chooses not to get any renovations done, a prize of $5,000 will be awarded to them.
Consent to Personal Information Use and Disclosure
Participants will automatically be signed up to Reno-Assistance email promotions and newsletters with the ability to unsubscribe their email address upon receipt of the first email promotion or newsletter.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
Reno-Assistance and its affiliates will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification email;
- any changes in email addresses or email address assignments after contest entry forms are submitted;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the contest or the submission of entries to the contest or participation in the contest or the contest prize, or the use of the renoassistance.ca website (including the downloading of any materials from that website) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by Reno-Assistance or anyone for whom Reno-Assistance is responsible, and notwithstanding that Reno-Assistance may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by Reno-Assistance, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, Reno-Assistance may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND RENO-ASSISTANCE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Return of any prize notification email as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Decisions of contest judges in respect of any aspect of the contest are final and binding on all entrants.
- Participation in the contest constitutes acceptance and agreement to these Contest Rules.
- Reno-Assistance reserves the right, at its option, to publish the winner's name, photograph, voice or statements without any further compensation to the winner.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie des alcools, des jeux et des courses for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted by a resident of the Province of Quebec to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Account Manager - Commercial Division