Stay on top of your roof’s condition…before it’s too late
Your roof is one of the most important elements of your home. It not only protects the inside of your home from Mother Nature’s fury — it also takes up a large portion of your house’s visible exterior, playing a major role in the design, appearance and resale value of your home.
No matter how you look at it, you don’t want to wait for a leak in your roof to look after it. In fact, making sure your roof is in top shape, even before its useful life comes to an end, is incredibly important for protecting you, your family and your investment.
- But how do you know when it’s time to change your roof?
- And when it’s time to reroof, how do you choose the right roofing contractor?
- How do you know you’re getting the right price for the job?
That’s where we come in. Because we’ve already found the very best roofers in your area and can assist you every step of the way, you can answer these questions and get started on your roofing project right away.
So when should you change your roof? Short answer: before it is too late — before your roof no longer prevents rain, hail and snow from entering the inside of your home. Slightly longer answer: you should change your roof when you see these signs:
- You see signs of water damage or leaks inside your home, like dark spots and trails.
- Daylight is coming through the boards of your roof (in your attic).
- Sections of your roof are cracked, torn, sagging, bald or missing shingles.
- Your roof shingles are curling or buckling.
- You notice an excessive amount of shingle granules in your gutters
- Your roof’s structure has been damaged by an excessive accumulation of snow and ice during the winter.
- You see signs of damaged flashings.
If see any of these signs, don’t wait until water is pouring into your home to replace your roof — and don’t jump the gun and do it yourself. Replacing a roof is tough and dangerous work (for the obvious reasons).
Trust Reno-Assistance to refer you to proven roofing contractors who can determine exactly what needs to be done to your roof and how much it will cost you to do it.
Choosing your roofing material doesn't have to be like a bad case of shingles
With a referral from Reno-Assistance, you'll have your choice nailed down in no time.
Your home is your castle. It's where you and your family live, so it deserves the very best roof.
In addition to its primary role as a shield against direct sunlight, rain, hail and snow, your roof affects your home's curb appeal (and, consequently, its resale value) — all great reasons to choose the best roofing materials you can afford.
What you choose as roofing material should be based on these major factors:
- Your roof's framing (pitched or flat roof)
- Your house's architectural style
- Your personal taste (when it comes to the material's quality, style and color)
- Your budget
With pitched roofs, you have a wider selection of materials than with flat roofs. Here are the most popular choices for both types:
- Asphalt or composite shingles
- Cedar shingles
- Tar and gravel
- Metal (such as steel, aluminum and copper)
- Green roofs
- Clay tiles
- Natural slate shingles
- Concrete tiles
- Elastomeric membrane
It's always a good idea to seek the expert advice of a roofer before making your choice. We have just the right roofing contractors to help you choose the right material in no time.
Finding a proven roofing contractor for you definitely isn't over our heads.
In fact, we're right on top of it, right now.
Work with Reno-Assistance to find roofers for home. We can refer you to professionals with the expertise to help you every step of the way — from choosing your roofing material to getting the job done.
We already have tried-and-true roofers in our network who have our 360° Verified Contractor stamp of approval and have satisfied clients like you. Our roofing contractors are pre-approved to work on a job like yours.
Get the right slant on your new roof with our Renovation Advisors
When you work with us, one of our experienced Renovation Advisors will:
- Review your project with you and send you up to three of our 360° Verified Contractors to quote on your job.
- Review the three quotes with you, providing the information you need to select the contractor who's the best fit for your project and budget.
- Answer any question you may have during and after the project.
Get up to three FREE, no-obligation quotes right now
It’s easy to get started. Just fill out the form to the right and one of our experienced Renovation Advisors will contact you. There’s no fee and you are not obligated to work with any of the roofing contractors we send to you, although we think you’ll want to! Get started now!