Terms and Conditions of Service
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) apply to the services of Réno Assistance Inc. (hereinafter “RenoAssistance”, “we”, or “our”) in the course of your project for the renovation, construction, maintenance or repair of a property (hereinafter the “Project”). Within these Terms and Conditions, the use of the word “you” or “your” to designate the customer is intended to simplify the text. PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY before using our services.
- Service. Subject to the Terms and Conditions, RenoAssistance offers a service to facilitate your Project (hereinafter the “Service”), by providing you with general advice and referring you to one or more recommended contractors who are part of RenoAssistance’s network for the completion of your Project (hereinafter the “Contractor” or “Contractors”).
- Execution of the Work. When you retain the services of a Contractor to carry out your Project, you enter into a separate contractual relationship with this Contractor for the execution of renovation, construction, maintenance or repair work (hereinafter the “Work”). You acknowledge that RenoAssistance is not a party to this contractual relationship and does not carry out any part of the Work. All the Contractors with whom RenoAssistance puts you in contact are independent professionals and are in no way partners, associates, co-contractors, agents or employees of RenoAssistance.
- Fees. You are entirely responsible for payment of the Work (and any costs related to the Work) to the Contractor and you understand that these fees are under no circumstances refundable by RenoAssistance.
- Renovation Guarantee. Except for repair and maintenance Work, some Work is covered by the Renovation Guarantee, the terms and conditions of which are detailed on the RenoAssistance website: https://www.renoassistance.ca/en/free-renovation-guarantee/ (hereinafter the “Renovation Guarantee”). RenoAssistance reserves the right to modify the terms of the Renovation Guarantee in whole or in part without notice. Any modification to the terms of the Renovation Guarantee will be posted online on the RenoAssistance website. The version of the terms of the Renovation Guarantee found on the website (https://www.renoassistance.ca/en/free-renovation-guarantee/) takes precedence over any other version.
- Limitation of Liability. You understand and agree that the Contractor is fully responsible for the execution of the Work and for the estimates, quotes, advice and opinions that may be provided to you by the Contractor over the course of your Project. Under no circumstances will RenoAssistance be held liable for any direct, incidental, indirect, consequential, special, aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages that you may suffer arising from: i) these Terms and Conditions or the Service, ii) the Work performed by or services obtained from a Contractor; or iii) the acts or omissions of a Contractor, or any fault committed by a Contractor in connection with the Work. You expressly waive all recourse against RenoAssistance. Except for the Renovation Guarantee, RenoAssistance offers no guarantee as to the Work carried out or as to the performance of the Contractor selected for your Project, including in regards to the quality, conformity, efficiency or final result of the Work.
- Modification and Termination. RenoAssistance reserves the right to modify its Service and the Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion and without notice. Any modification to the Terms and Conditions will be posted online on the RenoAssistance website (renoassistance.ca). The version of the Terms and Conditions found on the RenoAssistance website takes precedence over any other version. RenoAssistance reserves the right to terminate your right to use the Service, in whole or in part, at its sole discretion.
- Governing Law. The Terms and Conditions and the Service provided by RenoAssistance are governed by the laws of the province of Quebec and the laws of Canada, without regard to conflict of laws principles. You hereby acknowledge that any dispute arising from or in connection with your use of the Service or the Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the district of Montreal, province of Quebec.